Yoga and woodworking

Hello fellow woodworkers, I have been practicing yoga for the past 6 years and it has improved my health and woodwork more than I could have ever imagined. My back pain is gone and no more carpel tunnel in my hands. I’m off blood pressure med’s and I can physically do more than ever. I’m 53 now and my goal is not to get physically better. It is to stay in the shape I’m in 10 years from now. The style of yoga that I do is known as Iyngar Yoga. This type uses some props as I will never be able to join Cirque du soleil. LoL. I go twice a week and I’m able to spend many many hours in the woodshop pain free. Not to mention that my knees are all better now. ?
I’m wondering if there are any other woodworkers out there in this wonderful world that also do yoga and woodwork?

My Woodshop is my happy place? trimandcraft.ca https://www.facebook.com/Trimandcraft

I started yin yoga (very gentle stretching yoga) about 6 weeks ago and the effect has been dramatic! I am far more flexible, my knee replacement has been postponed indefinitely and I can do things in the shop with relative ease that I could not do before. I have become a believer!

Ellen

I wish I could move that way. I tried yoga but alas my injuries are too much to overcome. Keep up the great work, both yoga and woodwork are therapedic.

CHRIS, Charlottetown PEI Canada. Anytime you can repurpose, reuse, or recycle, everyone wins!

I started Power Yoga few months ago and it’s been a great experience so far ;)

Martin Sojka, Maker of Craftisian