Howdy from South Central Texas

Howdy from South Central Texas! Been in, and out, of woodworking since 1983. I’m a former shop teacher (and school counselor) and taught wood for years, until 1997, as well as doing personal projects, and some production and commission work.

I haven’t done much fine work in years, and am ready to get back into woodworking, doing things other than the mantle for the house that we built into in 2006, as well as a bench and a display unit (heater and AC cabinet) for the hot tub house we built in 2010.

After all these years, I bought my first table saw this month. A portable DeWalt, that should serve me well. I’ve primarily used the radial arm saw and router, but want to make cove cuts, with will require the table saw.

I recently posted a photo of a 1/32 scale Cadillac Eldorado convertible that I did in the early/mid ’80’s. Was some of the most tedious work I’ve done.

I’m looking forward to seeing more of the great work that I’ve seen so far, and learn some new tricks and techniques.

Well, best to all.

Keith “Shin” Schindler

Keith "Shin" Schindler

Welcome. I can’t wait to see some of your projects. I live in PEI, and my father summers here. He has a place in Texas for the winter in Weslaco, I hope to go down this winter for a sun break. I love the Caddy! My mentor taught me how to do everything in woodworking with only a table saw and drill. So your off and running with tools, but you will prob be like the rest of us and want one of everything….lol

CHRIS, Charlottetown PEI Canada. Anytime you can repurpose, reuse, or recycle, everyone wins!

Howdy Keith!

Martin Sojka, Maker of Craftisian

Howdy, Keith. I’m your neighbor from a couple hundred miles north. I live in the northeast corner of Texas…. Stop by some time

I'm the one with the beard

Welcome Keith!

Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

Welcome Keith. I’m in Houston. Welcome any time.

Tor and Odin are the greatest of gods.

Hey Keith. Welcome. I’m not too far from you here in the suburbs of Austin. Welcome to the greatest woodworking website!

Making sawdust is what I do best!

Thanks to all, for the welcomes. Would be great to check out some local/semi-local shops. Always enjoy checking out others’ set ups and work.

Keith "Shin" Schindler

Welcome! Fort Worth here!

Hi, I live in North Carolina. Have a sister that lives in Granbury. Welcome to the site.