Tiny plane

I keep this guy in my backpack for emergencies. :-)

Losing fingers since 1969

This proves you are a true woodworker Brian, just curious what kind of emergency you would need it for :))

woodworking classes, custom furniture maker

I use them all the time. Binding doors, etc. A little plane is very useful. Cleaning edges. Very useful tools.

Tor and Odin are the greatest of gods.

Brian,

I’ve got one that looks similar. It’s plane iron is a razor blade! (no sharpening needed; just replace)

L/W

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

Jim, Madts nailed it. In the photo is a piece of poplar clamped to a saw horse that will be the head frame of a pivot door. The emergency was caused by the architect screwing something up and the door has now become a double door with the frame bent at 45° in the middle. It’s a crazy thing that I’m going to finish today. I used the plane to fit it to the wall for a L-bead (no regular trim).

It’s s very lightweight so I don’t mind carrying it. I have this joke about the tool pocket in my bag. It contains everything you need, not everything you want. That’s because I had 2 or 3 days in a row where someone needed something that nobody else had on site but I was able to pull those things out of my bag like a magicians hat. :-)

Losing fingers since 1969

I should have to know you’re in the trades by the photo, makes a lot of sense to carry around that little fellow then.

woodworking classes, custom furniture maker

Can’t live without one, actually 3 of them, strategically placed around the shop.

Jack

I have one of those for my basket making. I love it!

Mandy

Yep… a cool block plane is something everyone have at hand… good for a multiple of uses… even sharpening pencils! :)

Have Fun! ... www.woodworkstuff.net