I continued on chopping the mortises in the second back leg.
And then one mortise in each of the front legs.
Next, I decided to use the Skew Rabbeting Plane to cut the tenons on the three aprons. The plans call for a tenon, 3/8" wide x 3/8" tall. Okay, no problem, my ruler is already set at 3/8" for when I cut the mortises. I will just use that to set the depth stop and fence for the skew rabbeting plane, easy peasy. I stopped to take a picture of the progress and because something didn’t feel right with the plane.
Two things were wrong. First, the blade was improperly set, so the rabbet was not even. Second, I forgot to set the correct offset from the edge of the apron to give me a centered, 3/8" tenon. Uuuugggghhhh! Okay, not the end of the world, since I had only cut one side of the apron. I made the correct adjustments to the rabbet plane depth stop and blade setting. Flipped the apron over and easily produced the correctly sized tenon, the right hand side of the tenon in the pic below.
Tomorrow, I will repair the skinny tenon by gluing on shims to get the tenon to the proper size. It is an easy fix. Needless to say, I put the tools away for the rest of the day. It could have been worse, it ended up being a learning point for me today.