I recently started to turn a bowl from a piece of lacewood , it is the first time I have run across this wood. I can not figure out how to get it to stop (fuzzing) I have gone as far as sharpening after every pass. I can’t run a shear with my skew because it’s a square bowl. I’ve never tried a sanding sealer and I wanted to do a oil finish, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this wood and had some words of wisdom to pass along. Or is this going to be a week long sanding project? Or should I just crank the lathe speed to max and dive in skew first? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's a big hunk of the bowl I was turning.

I’m a skew man myself, I think I have figured it out. I waxed it before the finishing passes. It was like day and night the difference that it made . And it’s a really weird design.

look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's a big hunk of the bowl I was turning.