We had a couple of issues in a bedroom: not enough room for all the furniture we had in the room, and wasted/hard-to-use space in the closet. The solution was to construct a built-in dresser in the closet space. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money, so used scrap materials from around my shop as much as possible. The body of the dresser is 3/4" plywood and the face is poplar. I did need to buy a couple pieces of poplar trim, the drawer guides and clear pine for the drawer fronts. Since there was a variety of different wood used, I knew we’d be painting everything, so mixing grades and wood types was not a real issue. The result is super functional, used closet space wisely, and allowed us to move a large dresser out of the room, creating a less-crowded look.