Moving tips needed.

Hi guys,

I am planning to move in two months now. But as early as today, I want to know what are the best ways to move smoothly. I really don’t want to have issues with anything. I also have kids with me and pets.

Can you give me some useful tips?

Thanks
Blaise

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

https://saneforums.org/t5/Something-s-not-right/Moving-house/td-p/340449
best explainer video company

Blaise,

I moved my shop into storage lockers.  I did this a little at a time over months, so when moving day came,I could reverse the process on my time, into the new home.

I moved tools lumber jigs everything one day at a time.  Friends helped me with the big stuff.  I also rented a trailer from time to time.  If you do that get the good straps from the rental co.  (my mistake)

Anyway that is how I did it.

Down side is cost.  Up side is I controlled the process and handeling.

Petey

It is difficult to move without any problems. 
It seems a lot of folks are using the pods and loading themselves. Then the company picks them up and can either store they if needed or deliver them to your new location where you unload it. You can also hire a crew to load and unload them like my daughter did on her last move. There is no problems with theft and if there is breakage it will most likely be your fault for not packing properly. 

I think the next time I move it will be in an Urn. Let someone else deal with all the material stuff. LOL
I have moved a bunch of time over the past decade and the one thing that I'd emphasize is that things take longer than you expect and things will go wrong.  Make sure to plan some buffer, so for example if you must move in during weekdays (a constraint I had once) plan to move in Monday, not Friday, since that gives you extra days to move.

If you can afford it, pay for movers *and* packers.  Packers will help you put things in boxes and wrap things up safely.  I did this last time I moved even though I was not moving very far.  Taking trips to move fragile things yourself ahead of time if you are moving close is not a bad idea, but in my experience it doesn't save as much time as you might expect.  If you can bring yourself to, get rid of anything *before* the move, so that you don't spend time and effort moving stuff, only to get rid of it from your new place.  Try to have the kids at a friend or family member's house, as they are likely to be in the way and will slow you down a lot.
I agree with f'R'.... I get poo-pooed as I seldom opt for the easy/cheap way ou, however, once the dust settles, you'll find that shekel saving exercise will cost more than the other options... you can get lucky, but luck is down on my Murphy list!

If your first cut is too short... Take the second cut from the longer end... LBD