Q&A: Question about my antique desk

I have an antique mahogany partner’s desk and it has decorative curved areas on either side where your knees would slide under so you won’t bang your knees on the underside of the desk. (Pictures attached). Does anyone know what this is called or does it even have a name?



this isn’t correct but I would be tempted to think it would be called a cockle shell or something very similar.

You may wish to ask Shipwright he does very detailed and impressive work

Regards Rob