Hi y'all! New Mexican wood working.

Hello all, my name is Doug. I’m looking for ideas, plans, andadvice. The only thing I’ve made is a pipe out of mesquite. After all the hard work just for a pipe, I fell in love with woodworking I’m working on acquiring tools now.

Ronnie D. Farmer

Hi there Doug, welcome to WWweb enjoy.

woodworking classes, custom furniture maker

As soon as I get back, I’ll load it. Wow drugs and alcohol?! Luckily I don’t do either otherwise I’d say don’t threaten me with a good time! Thanks Jim and Whitacrebespoke!

Ronnie D. Farmer

Welcome Ronnie, sounds like the BUG has bitten you.

Jack

Oh I was bit alright!!! It really is therapeutic for me. I have combat ptsd. Woodworking helps ease my brain from all the distractions caused by ptsd. I assume you were bitten also.

Ronnie D. Farmer

This is just a starter. I have another one made of mesquite but l am too disappointed to display it here. This pipe will be rectangular shape with a darker stain. It’s oak with cross grains (making it a true challenge sanding by hand. Waiting for father’s day for my first official woodworking tool. Chisel and a decent drill.

Ronnie D. Farmer

So this is wine (left) and Mr hanky (right)
Both mesquite, Mr. Hanky has a balsamic vinegar stain. This is the first whittling job I’ve done for relaxation since I was a child. So please be kind. I just figure that if i submerse myself in this, I’ll learn more hacks and tips.

Ronnie D. Farmer

I’m not that much into whittling. I’m too impatient! I’d have probably cut a finger off in the process also…. You did a good job on these! Keep it up!

Advice for you that I “try” to remember. If you make something for someone, don’t point out your mistakes to them. Chances are they won’t notice them anyway and even if they do, they won’t care. That is part of hand made things. Your creation doesn’t have to be perfect to be enjoyed.

Terry

Both are totally unique

woodworking classes, custom furniture maker