Cherry Bench


This was the first project on my winter “to do” list. As with most of my projects, the design changed several times throughout the build, eventually settling on pinned through tenons for the stretchers rather than tusk tenons as I originally envisioned. Finished with 5 coats of Minwax “tung oil”.

Also did a video of the build, which goes into the category of “seemed like a good idea when I started”

The video was my first and probably my last build video…kudos to those of you that regularly put out build videos. I found it a huge PITA to constantly have to stop to adjust the camera angle and try and be conscious of where I was in the frame. Also, paring down 12h of video to an (almost) tolerable length took me almost the same time as the actual build.

Rob, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario


Gorgeous table. I’ll be site to watch the video later.

Losing fingers since 1969

Super looking bench, a very clean design and build.

woodworking classes, custom furniture maker

Oops I need to wear my glasses more often. Bench! Anyway it’s really beautiful.

Losing fingers since 1969

Very nice looking bench. I need one for a spot on my patio and your design is inspiring. ? Great build??

My Woodshop is my happy place?

Thanks guys!
Brian, I guess it would work as a table if you were really short… :)

Rob, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario

Nice bench, job well done.

-- Soli Deo gloria! ( To God alone be the Glory)

I love this – beautiful design! Really well done. I’ll definitely be checking out the video once I’m off work.

Just watched the video. Really cool. It must be a lot of effort to make the video too.

Losing fingers since 1969

Just plain beautiful. Very nice build.


Tor and Odin are the greatest of gods.

I like this bench a lot somewhat modern in design but jet contemporary in my eyes.
About making a video of the complete build I can relate to keeping it at a easy view-able length .
I have made several videos for my you tube channel and find it hard to explain in a short version and found it better to split it into several parts and make a series .


Thanks Klaus. Yeah, I found making the video a fine line between keeping it interesting and yet letting it make sense and have proper continuity.

Rob, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario

Nice bench, I like the contrast of lighter and darker colours!