This week or next I will begin the process of refurbishing a Harbor Freight folding trailer I purchase several years back.
Build State Before Disassembly
All the wood I added on to make a staked side trailer has now been removed, as well as the electrical wiring and lights. Before I can add the new wiring and lights I need to remove surface rust in some areas, spot prime and paint once cleaned up. Once the electrical is installed and working properly I will add new pressure treated plywood sheeting to make the bed and proceed to build the staked sides similar to before. The most obvious difference this time is that I plan on painting the wood (sans pressure treated plywood bed) instead of using a deck sealer—the sealer I used failed to keep mold from building up underneath the finish and rot from setting in months after application, and the wood as it aged didn’t look all that great.
I will be taking progress photos. If there is interest in seeing a multi-part build series here, let me know in the comments below.
-- --- Paul: jack of all dreams, master of none