End Table with live edge and live leg
I created this end table from an oak tree that my neighbor cut down. All the wood I used came from the same tree with the exception of the cherry that makes up the two keys.
- Wood: Swamp Laurel Oak (fairly sure)
- Stain: homebrewed tea in alcohol
- Finish: Mineral Spirits, pure Tung Oil, Helmsman Spar Polyurethane
- Attachment: wedged tenons
If you are interested in more photos and details of the build, you can find that here http://www.timberframe-tools.com/furniture/natural-oak-end-table/
I went out on a limb, so this project involved a lot of firsts for me:
- Slabs all hand cut.
- Natura* l legs (or maybe its a single leg with three toes?)
- Use of colored epoxy (emerald green and black)
- Tea stain (Alcohol based)
Note, that first photo makes the table look slanted. The table top is level, it is actually the center leg that is slanted.