The Story of the Defective Switch and My Attempt to Return It to Peachtree

I was at the Woodworking Show in West Springfield this past weekend. I was looking for a large paddle switch to turn off my table saw. Peachtree has always been my “go to” company for things like this. So I purchased a Fulton Power Tool Switch from them for $25. I got it home and began the very simple set up but when I tried to use the large paddle to turn off the machine, it worked only intermittently… maybe once every 10 pushes! This is not only defective but could be outright dangerous. I’m pretty good with equipment having done this for many years but I had another woodworker also check it out. It is clear that the unit was defective. I called Peachtree this morning thinking that a good company would replace the unit at no charge. Well, was I wrong!!! I talked with a person in sales and was told that they would replace it if I shipped it back to them AT MY EXPENSE! I explained that the unit was defective and that shipping both ways should be at their expense. When I got nowhere, I asked to speak to a supervisor and talked with David. It seems that Peachtree’s policy is that it is MY responsibility to get it to THEM at my expense. Then they will look at it and repair or replace the item and, if it is defective, they will pay return shipping. I kept trying to explain that defective merchandise is different from a simple “I don’t want it” return but David kept telling me that I wouldn’t expect Home Depot to pay for my gas to return a defective item and they won’t pay for shipping.
So… 2 things… stay away from the Fulton Power Tool Switch and get your wallet out if you have to return something to Peachtree.
If anyone has a solution to this, I’d love to know.
Ellen

Ellen

My solution would be to not buy anything from Peach tree that could possibly go wrong!

Mike, an American living in Norway

Sounds like Peachtree is not a good place to purchase anything heavy that might need to be returned.

CHRIS, Charlottetown PEI Canada. Anytime you can repurpose, reuse, or recycle, everyone wins!

yea i think that this principle of paying when its the origin of whatever it is, i think if its there product that went bad that they should pay shipping both ways, but in our world it doesn’t happen, ive had problems like that and its always costly to us to either return something or have to go back because they didn’t give you what they should have, when its there fault, they should pay, I AGREE 100%…so PEACHTREE is on the do not buy from list….

"the grizz" [''''']

Ellen,

I’ll try to remember to avoid buying from Peachtree after hearing this. That’s a pretty raw deal.

L/W

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

If you payed by credit card , dispute it with the credit card company.

Abbas, Castro Valley, CA