While two of my nephews were visiting for a couple weeks, we worked on a set of sling chairs they could take back home with them. With the exception of the hardware, everything was made from material that I had on-hand. The frames were made from hickory flooring. The support stops were from cherry scraps shaped to fit 8mm Domino mortises. My wife contributed the sewing expertise and the outdoor fabric. Some scrap lengths of 1/2" cpvc fed through the fabric sleeves on either end held the sling in place.
I got the general dimensions from a youtube video, and after doing a dry assembly of the frame I found that the seating position was a little high for kids, so I shifted the pivot point and shortened some pieces where there was excess length. They'll be able to reconfigure the chairs in the future if they need to. Almost like I planned it that way.
Here are a few progress photos.
With the rough-cut pieces assembled, I worked out the range of adjustability that would dictate where the stops would be placed.
I used the Domino to make the holes for the stops.
I did get some help during construction from my minions.
But when it was time for glue-up, I was on my own.
The fabric sling had a sleeve on either end to accept a length of pvc pipe that held the sling in place.
And like the manly lamps I built for them, my nephews can be posed into a variety of realistic positions.