I made this sleigh for the child of some friends of mine. I initially started from some plans in a woodworking magazine, but I wasn’t satisfied with the design so I made my own. It was the first sleigh that I’ve made, so I had some consternation about its overall dimensions and the sturdiness of the runners. It also was my first attempt at laminated curves for the runners and steam bending for the upper rails.
Overall, I think it turned out well. It fit the child (and left him some room to grow into it) and seems to be holding up so far this winter!
Ash and cherry finished with 6 coats of tung oil and a coat of paste wax.