As I posted in my last project "Cherry Leaf Console Table"
the top just seemed too large for the base, this was that top. This was just the opposite from the last table in that I had to come up with a base for the already made top. I wanted to curve the legs to stay with the feel of the top and also wanted to add some of the birch from the top to tie the two together. It's been sometime since I've done any marquetry and I realize I need to hone those chops some more, but I dove in headfirst on this project. I might add this was the second time I used a curved solid wood edge on a table and that first time was 12 years ago. I was verry happy with how that part turned out.