As with the other replica chairs I've made, it requires spending quite a bit of time looking at example photos from different angles in order to ma...
On the heels of completing a second deck chair based on Wegner's GE-375 from pressure-treated decking, I still had some scraps left over.  Enough f...
Well, finished without finish, but structurally complete.  Here's the completed chair next to the deck skirting from whence it came. [20221016-1G6X...
The rear edge of the seat frame has 4 loose tenons glued in place.  The protruding tenons dry fit into corresponding mortises in the rear stretcher...
The arms have a long taper from full 5/4" thickness at the rear down to about 1/2" at the front.  I made a sled to hold the arm in place and elevat...
The Wegner chair has a pillow rail that fits into a channel at the top of each of the uprights.  The rail slides through a head pillow sleeve, and ...
I made 3 variations of the jig for drilling the bolt holes in both the ends of the stretchers and into the side assemblies. The first one was just ...
The visible front edge of the seat frame is a full 1" thick, but tapers to 3/4" thick on the back side. The sides and back of the frame are all 3/4...
This step is out of order compared to the actual sequence of the build, but it seemed to make sense to present it now.  The back receives a set of ...
To cut the mortises for the stretchers (front/rear lower stretchers and upper rear stretcher), I needed a couple more jigs.  In these, I used a com...
With the router jigs for the side assemblies completed, I could get to work cutting some mortises.     Cutting the mortise for the lower rear stre...
(Originally posted in October 2022) In the summer of 2022, I started a project to replace the skirting around the perimeter of my deck using 5/4 p...