My husband wanted a little table for by the couch in our sunroom. I had seen various versions of the under-the-couch table and thought I'd give it a try. Did some web searches for ideas and decided to have a little storage and then simple top design.
I made the body from some plywood and then painted black. The top and side are cherry. First try with the "waterfall" effect. Was a challenge. I did cuts using my circular saw but wasn't satisfied with the bevel so trimmed the cuts up at the tablesaw (hard given the panel sizes but with my husband at the off switch got it done pretty safely). One other issue was use of the drum sander to get the cherry glueup evened out. Had 80 grit and should have switch to higher grit but given my issues with switching paper I figured I could deal with the sanding lines. After I had the bevels cut I didn't want to put the cut boards back thru anyway. In the end, I really couldn't (or didn't) remove the lines even with much effort with my random orbit sander and hand sanding. So I guess it is rustic, haha. Finished with General Finishes High Performance.
Random progress pictures Glue up (and didn't allow for wood movement really...so far so good for over a year)