1683 views, 12 comments and 1 fave in

I made this table from a picture I found on Pintrest of a 19th century tea table. I made a few changes to the original but kept as true as I could to the original. I needed a project for a local art show that has a Lilly theme so I added the lilies to the apron and the top. All the marquetry was cut on my chevolet de marquetry. Although I have done marquetry in the past this is the third attempt on the chevy (the second more ambitious project is still in the works). I only had one picture to go on so a lot of it was guess work. I thought it was going to be a breeze to build but I did have some head scratching moments a few times. I have parts made to do another two more, one of which will be as close as I can to an exact replica as I can make. I learned a few things from this first one and hope to improve the next two.Thanks for looking.

-- -- Paul--- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. — Scott Adams

oppps i did a booboo…sorry i didnt read your post first, i see you got this from a picture, but anyway you still did a wonderful job, that is what matters….

-- "the grizz" [''''']

All

More projects from tinnman65