The carpentry work is finished and only the painting remains. I enjoyed this project and I hope it will be a convenience for us in the years to come. The space it occupies on our terrace is never used, so it was a good place to put it. The only downside is that though the shed initially fit nicely between our roof drain pipe and a window frame on the opposite side, I did not allow for the moldings which increased the width. That means we can’t have the shed tight against the wall as I had planned, but since it is the only space we have for the shed, I’m not too worried about it as I think it looks ok anyway. Best of all, I no longer have to struggle with the grill cover!
Work done since the last episode
Here are some photo’s of the completed project, (except for paint, the first coat to be put on tomorrow). see below
In case you are wondering what those funny looking things on the roof are, they lead the water away from the edges like the ones on our house in the next photo. I’m not sure if you have those where you live, you probably have a better solution.
In the photo you can also see the double doors on my shop to the right. The doors on the shed will be painted the same green color and the rest of it white. All of the doors on the house and the garden shed are the same green.
Another of my outdoor projects is the sliding door between my shop and the house with the X’s at the top. I built it about 11 years ago with mortise and tenon construction and it still works and remains in very good condition.
Thank you for following with. I will post the shed as a creation as soon as the painting is finished.
-- Mike, an American living in Norway