A few days ago I posted a precision drill I made for drilling very small holes in marquetry packets. A couple of friends had suggested the idea of using a Dremel style router base and they were one of the inspirations for the little jig that I eventually designed. The thing is that router bases and drills do different jobs and require different fittings.
Once I had the drill I started wondering how to make it work as an inlay router and quickly decided that the best way was to make a separate base to fit the same tool clamp. Now I have a very nice little inlay router and a really nice little drill and the cost to me because I had everything around the shop was nothing. If I had to buy it all it still would have been under $50.
Here’s a little video that I made to illustrate how they work.
That about tells the story.
Thanks for looking .
-- The early bird gets the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.