There’s certainly nothing new about using mirrors to check veneer matches but this week, when I needed to do some matching I had an idea that some of you may want to try. I hate having glass around all the hard steel tools and I hate even more the idea of suffering seven years bad luck for breaking mirrors. (At my age that could be a large percentage of what I’ve got left……)
So here’s the plan. I decided to try acrylic mirror stock and make half cuts in it to eliminate the need to tape, prop, or just hold the two mirrors while looking at the match. They are way harder to break, can be thrown in a veneer drawer, and I’m not even sure they qualify for a full seven years if you do break them. The pieces are one foot square and cost about $20 here in pricy old Canada. The piece of paper defines the size of one quarter of the veneer area.
Thanks for looking in
-- The early bird gets the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese.